This game is now done as a free minimum viable product (MVP). However any feedback is appreciated should anyone want the game to evolve further.
You can leave feedback on my discord channel for convenience:
Fintail Gladiator is a combat arena game featuring fish with razor sharp tails. Slash opponents to small fries and eat them all. Survive as long as possible to get a high score. Be careful, the opponents can do the same to your fish by their tail blades.
Control your fish combatant with movement only: your fish is at the front, and the tail blade is at the back. Timing to flip tail blade is key to winning the fintail gladiator arena.
Up to 4 players can play simultaneously, and currently cooperative only, with friendly fire as an option.
- Razor Tail Tigerfish - Dark fish with bright stripes use their tail blades to shrink players into small fry and eat them.
- Urchins - Spiky balls that appear from the edges when players take too long to finish waves. Players can first destroy spikes with their tail before slicing the urchin's core.
|Control||Player 1||Player 2|
|Keyboard||Move - WSAD Confirm - Z Cancel - X Start button - Escape||Move - Arrow Keys Confirm - / Cancel - . Start Button - Enter|
|Gamepad||Move - Left or right thumbstick Confirm - South button Cancel - East Button Start button - Center button||Same controls applies to all 4 players for gamepad|
1-4 players simultaneous play
Settings configures the following:
- Starting stock (1-9) - Default: 3
- Stock extend score rate (1,000 - 10,000) - Default: 5000
- Friendly Fire (On, Off) - Default: Off
- Opponent Promotion (On, Off) - Allow small fry opponents to regrow to stronger type - Default: Off
- Dynamic Rank (On, Off) - Difficulty changes from player performance and enemy count - Default: On
- Starting Rank (1-10) - Starting difficulty level
- Speed Mode (Fast or Slow) - Overall speed for players and opponents. Slow is good for beginners, fast for seasoned players - Default: Fast
The game is best played on a joystick / thumb stick. Keyboard controls are supported up to 2 players. Up to 4 players can play with gamepad.
Please leave feedback on my discord channel or through this page:
If you are downloading Mac version, Please install the Unarchiver and make as default for all .zip files since this game is not notarized